Saturday, January 16, 2010

Boredom

So here I am. It's a Saturday, the girls are at their mother's until tomorrow morning. I'm using their laptop, a mini-netbook, nothing fancy... But, I'm facing the problem I always do, This down time, the time devoted to restocking my mental reservoirs, is instead spent on boredom. Thing is, without them, I don't know what to do with myself. I often game on weekends without the girls, but haven't done that since November, and probably won't again until February.

So I sit here, bored. Lost, adrift. My games, were all on my laptop, and I can play stupid flash games or mafia wars, but I really don't want to. I've got my Wii, but I haven't even hooked it up since I moved from Carlisle 10 months ago. I don't know if it's proof that they are my life, or that I have no life when I sit here on my couch, naked all day on a beautiful saturday, not warm enough to spend much time out, but it was a nice day when I went out briefly (to get some Mt Dew and return a library book my ex-gf got to prep for her college entrance exams and then never even looked at). I rearranged their science fiction section, put all the star wars books together, moved Terry Brooks' books together by series and order within the series... Yeah, I was bored, and at the library.

Did you know I worked 2 years as a librarian's aid in High School? I earned credits, had fun and got to indulge in sorting booksand setting everything up according to a system that made sense. Knowing that, I guess it makes more sense that I would do that, but it's still a pretty strong statement of boredom.

So yeah, I'm bored, lonely, and sadly alone. In a few days I go to Florida, that'll be a lot of fun. I'm nervous about it, but things will work out, they always do...

No comments:

Post a Comment